Once your web designer/developer has handed over the keys to your shiny new website, it will probably feel like a good time to relax after working so hard on the revamp. Keeping that feeling of exhilaration is the next target, which is why WordPress maintenance plans are so helpful. To keep things simple, I offer one care package which provides all the essential services 99% of clients will ever need to keep their website running smoothly. For the other 1%, we can figure out what additional services you might need and adjust the plan accordingly!
What is a maintenance plan?
Just like running a car, a website needs to be cared for to make sure everything continues to work as it should, and the experience remains consistent for your visitors:
- Your website files can and do change over time - WordPress is constantly updating with new features and security patches.
- WordPress plugin authors are constantly updating their products with new features and security patches.
- Some mean bugger might want to mess with your site.
- Ahem, you might accidentally do something that messes with your site!
- You might just want a quick task doing on your website which you can't do yourself.
If you are busy running your business, these are probably things you don't really want to concern yourself with. It's also pretty easy to forget about them when you're involved elsewhere. Without consistently tending to your site something will eventually go wrong. You could be hacked, your website might start behaving strangely, or you could stop receiving important messages from potential clients.
Do you need a WordPress care package?
Ok, I'll be honest, no one needs a care package for their website. Many websites will trundle along happily for a while without any further interaction. Think about this though: if you have a problem on your website how long might you spend on Google desperately trying to find a fix? What could you have been doing with that time instead? Working on a different priority in your business? Spending time with family or friends? Working on a side project or indulging in your favourite hobby?
Let me boss your website for you. I strongly recommend my care package to all my clients. They like the peace of mind, having a consistently fast loading site, and making small changes without the need for extra billing.
What is included in the Banjo care package?
I only include services that I believe are absolutely essential for the smooth running of a website, all in a single package costing £49 per month. Here is the full list of what I will do every month in your care package:
Hosting with SSL
WordPress core updates
Theme + plugin updates
Daily off-site backups
Privacy-respecting site analytics
30-minute task support/consulting
Keeping things simple, but flexible too.
Is there anything you want that isn't included in my care package? While I think those core services will benefit any website, I understand that some businesses have ongoing requirements that aren't included. If so, let me know - we can have a chat and figure out how it can be adjusted to suit you.Back to info